The ideal base for your holiday in the Languedoc
Whether you want to explore the diverse countryside, sample the local food whilst relaxing in an idyllic restaurant, taste wine at one of the many vineyards, relax wandering along the promenade or the long, Blue Flag rated sandy beach or just chill out round the pool Valras-Plage is ideal.
There are castles, abbeys, charming French villages and coastal resorts to explore as well as towns steeped in history such as nearby Beziers and Pezanas, or further afield the medieval cite of Carcassone, Montpellier, Nimes or Aigues Mort.
For the active visitor there are a wide variety of walks in beautiful scenery from coastal paths to rolling hills and mountains of the Haut Languedoc. Alternatively you may prefer to go horse riding, hire a bike or take a boat on the scenic Canal du Midi or sail from the beach or at Lake Salagou.
The accommodation is one of 32 small houses, built in 2005, on a secure private residence which shares a swimming pool. It sleeps 4 people in comfort with spacious living area and a terrace facing the pool and sunny back garden. It is complete with a fully equipped kitchen.
Valras-Plage has everything you need for a great holiday as well as all the amenities of a real town. A 4 KM clean sandy beach, a working harbour, a wide variety of shops and restaurants, a bi-weekly market and of course banks, post office, pharmacies etc. Many activities are also available such as sailing.
Valras-Plage makes a great base to explore the Languedoc region. Heading south on the nearby A9 takes you towards Perpingnan and the Spanish border, North takes you up to Montpellier and Nimes. It is close to the A9 and A75 which gives fast access to the Haute Langedoc National Park.
What our clients Say
We like to think that we have made Valras-Plage Villas a home away from home for you and that you can relax in the knowledge your accommodation will be ideal for your stay in the Languedoc.
Don't take our word for it, here is some of the feedback we've received from previous clients, many of whom can't resist coming back.
- Our best villa yet. Very thoughtfully equipped... everyone friendly & patient with our faltering french.
C DK, Angus
- We had a wonderful stay in your villa. The kids loved the pool and made lots of friends
- Super pleasant, very clean accommodation in a quiet and secure location. Nice view on the swimming pool and also on the other side, on a large green area with sometimes beautiful horses. The owners respond very quickly.
- Logement super agréable, très propre dans un endroit calme et sécurisé. Jolie vue sur la piscine et très appréciable également de l'autre côté, sur une grande étendue de verdure avec parfois de beaux chevaux. Les propriétaires répondent très rapidement.
- Our second visit was even better than our first one last year.
- We're glad to have found this jewel of a holiday home, with it's lovely pool area with plams and flowers even more marvellous than in the pictures. Will recommend it to anyone.
- Villa is in a great location. It's a nice stroll to bars & restaurants & the beach is very close, very sandy & very very long.
- We were really impressed by the villa and the residence itself. The gardens really set it apart from other, stark, residences and the villa capitalises on this with its terrace that overlooks the pool.
AD and DD, Essex
- Fantastic stay. Villa was excellent and we loved the area. Hopefully we will be back.
Mr & Mrs C, Brighton
- This villa is a little gem, we keep coming back, 4 times now and next year booked. Meets the description exactly.
- Such a relaxing and peaceful villa. Very private and close to the beach and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Would definitely come back.
- Lovely and loved villa with secluded shared pool. The villa is well looked after and the owners have thoughtfully provided masses of tourist information, beach and pool equipment and games and DVDs. Makes for a very relaxed and restful stay.
- The house was a great base for exploring. Really lovely to hear the wildlife in the scrub behind the house.
- The villa is on a quiet private development but only 10 minutes from the town centre. There are lots of places to visit and a trip on the Canal du Midi is well worth while. We would certainly recommend it to any other couples.
- We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and the facilities and information provided made this possible.
- Our third visit to a lovely villa. 5 out of 5. Great location within easy reach of the beach and a variety of restaurants and shops. The fact that this is our third visit within three years must say a lot.
- Am writing this review as soon as we got back from our holiday because was so impressed with the villa itself and the opportunities it gives you to explore a really fantastic area of France!
- The house was brilliant and had everything you needed. The pool was excellent.
See our location map for a larger view and details of local attractions.